COVID safe catering – Boardwalk Catering COVID-19 statement
18th June 2020
Covid-19 Statement / Additional terms and conditions – COVID safe catering company Sydney.
We have recently completed our safety plan and have attained the NSW government Covid Safe business certification.
Covid – 19 is out of our and your control. We are regularly updating our policy to ensure we compliant with NSW government restrictions.
For events booked until September 1st 2020
To lock in the date of your event we do require a deposit payment of $110.00 including GST.
We will require your final numbers and menu selections 5 business days prior to your event. If the federal or state government enforces changes to guests’ numbers at events, you are welcome to increase or decrease your numbers up to 48 hours prior to your event.
If you need to cancel your event due to Covid – 19:
- Greater than 48 hours prior to your event – we will refund your deposit or move it to a new date
- Less than 48 hours prior to your event – 50% of your final invoice will be charged
If you decide to cancel and would prefer to postpone your event to after Covid – 19, we will transfer your deposit to your new date. You do not have to lock in a new date immediately and can wait until restrictions have eased. Your change of date event will be subject to availability.
If you need to cancel 48 hours prior to your event, we will require 50% of your final invoice to be paid. This is to cover our food and staff costs as orders will have already been placed.
COVID – 19 STANDARDS
All our staff have been briefed and trained on how to perform their jobs in a Covid Safe way. As a NSW Gold License caterer we already adhere to an extremely high standard of hygiene practices. We have implemented the following extra measures to ensure guest and employee safety.
- Additional sanitation is being carried out in our office and kitchen facility.
- To avoid traffic in our kitchen all deliveries are required to be accepted at the entrance of our kitchen. Only our chefs are permitted in the cooking and preparation area.
- Where possible staff are to maintain 1.5m social distancing.
- We have updated our vehicle policy, kitchen operations and office operations in order to be COVID safe including our COVID-19 noticeboard located at the entrance to our kitchen.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for our staff and your guests.
- We have a zero tolerance for staff attending work if unwell.
- Please inform our office prior to your event if you or any of your guests are experiencing any COVID symptoms so we can reschedule your event.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact either
Tim on 0410 246 525
Alli on 0468 964 044.
We would be more than happy to address any queries or discuss COVID safe catering.
Tim and Alli
14th March 2020
We would like to personally update you on the evolving COVID-19 situation and the proactive measures our company is taking moving forward.
The health and safety of our clients, staff and suppliers is always our top priority.
Strict sanitation procedures in our production kitchen and on events, regarding food preparation and handling are always of extreme importance at Boardwalk Catering & Paella amor.
While we already have strict health and hygiene practices in place in our kitchen and on events, we have implemented the following additional precautionary measures to ensure that these environments remain as safe as possible.
- Additional sanitation is being carried out in our office and kitchen facility
- We are ensuring our staff maintain a high level of hygiene standards by using proper hand sanitising procedures and cough etiquette
- All deliveries to our production facility are now accepted at the entrance to eliminate public traffic inside our kitchen area
- As advised by the World Health Organisation our staff will no longer shake hands with other people
- Our senior team is reviewing public updates regarding COVID -19 daily
- We have increased the presence of hand sanitizer and personal hygiene signage
- We are communicating with our staff on a regular basis as we update our policies and procedures
With COVID – 19 changing daily both globally and locally, we understand it is natural to cancel events. However while it is safe to do so, it is important that you continue to support local businesses and events wherever possible. We hope to continue to deliver the high level of food and service which you have come to know as well as to support our staff and suppliers at this challenging time.
We will continue to monitor the recommendations from health experts and local and federal government. We will continue to be proactive and transparent about COVID -19 and will inform our clients if any significant changes are made going forward.
As always we appreciate your support.
Alli and Tim